Saturday, November 23, 2013

Theology Journal Submissions

I started this blog with the intention as a personal interpretation of the passage from the first chapter of Acts:

"Rather, you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth." (Acts 1:8, CEV)


We are to preach the Gospel to the end of the earth, with a pillar of cloud leading before us from God, a gushing wind pushing behind us from the Holy Spirit, and a friend along with us from Jesus. 

Quite the challenge? I agree.


It is my hope that this blog is a way I can do that--I can witness my experience as a young person in the church to the blogging community. I felt like I could expand that though, specifically beyond my own personal life and blogging life. So, I began thinking about what I am wanting to teach necessarily.

That word: teach. That's it exactly! I want to teach. 

Academic institutions are some of the most vulnerable places around. So many people are shaped and transformed by a variety of texts and people. I've decided I will submit an article to a theology journal at a seminary or university. And I did just that. I submitted my first article to the Sewanee Theological Review, and it was based on the young people's role in today's church, and that we should acknowledge them as the current church.

I will let all my readers know how this process works out, but in the mean time, prayers for those reading the article and for the writer to have creativity and inspiration to continue submitting!

Many thanks, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment